Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Scam, Scam, Thank You Ma'am.


Now, I may not be the brightest tool in the tree, but I can recognize a scam when I see one. In fact, for the most part, I've learned to embrace and even appreciate a creative, well thought out scam when it comes around. Can you say Enron? Classic. Tragic.


Still... just as I have learned to appreciate a good scam, I have developed an equally powerful distaste for poor ones. I mean, really... If you are going to try to take someones money illegally you should at least try to add a little production value here and there. Work for it a little, guy.  I want forged endorsements from celebrities and elaborate, yet somewhat reasonable promises of good things for me and my family. Treat me well, play to my emotions and PERHAPS... I'll be fooled. But this email that I received the other day just didn't do it for me. It's just.. well.. I'll let you check it out:


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


From: Geller, Mike


I am Mrs.Halifat Mohammed, a Muslim.I have picked your email address for an inheritance of £18.2million Pounds.Please contact me for more details via email: halifatmohammed1@shqiptar.eu Jazakallah Khair.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Now, I can deal with the fact that this gender confused, radical religionist has two names. I can deal with the claim that he/she is making that a random name and email is chosen to inherit 18.2 million pounds; a fairly substantial amount of money. I can even deal with the fact that she ends the email by telling me "Jazakallah Khai" (Translated, May Allah bless you) and she attempts to steal my money. What I can not deal with is this crazy, cross-dressing zealot thinking that I am so intellectually inept that I would believe for ONE SECOND that with today's exchange rate, I would be paid in pounds. This is where she lost me. This was clearly not a legitimate offer for free money nor did she have any sincerity in her thieving heart when she placed Allah's blessings upon me. She was not my friend and would not be fooling me today. Not this guy. 

1 comment:

  1. This lady continues to contact me, and no matter how hard I try, I can't seem to get rid of her!

    ReplyDelete